So, I wasn’t sure what to expect with this box before I got it to be honest!!! It’s a box of meat in essence but what meat was I going to get, that was the big question!!
It arrived in a well presented box that was perfect on delivery, if the box was anything to go buy this was going to be a great box.
Upon opening the box there was a flyer briefly describing the company that had provided the meat and also brief descriptions of the contents. All meat supplied was made by The Bath Pig, a UK company that provide a good quality selection of meats.
I dug deeper into the box to find 6 full size products. 3 were salami’s and 3 chorizos. Well, my mouth started watering just reading the descriptions of these.
They were all presented well and I couldn’t wait to rip open the packaging.
Now even though there were 3 of the same things they all were flavoured differently.
The 3 salami’s I had were:
- Italian style – blended with the finest herbs
- Spicy salami – British pork made with a special blend of cayenne pepper
- Old English classic made with sage, parsley and cracked black pepper.
The 3 chorizos I had were:
- Extra dry – traditionally made blended with the finest spices and slow dry cured
- Spicy chorizo – blended with smoked spicy paprika
- Wheat, gluten and dairy free spicy chorizo – blended with smoked paprika and spices
After sampling all of the above there were a couple that were my favourites these were the spicy chorizo and the spicy salami. These have been in every dish I’ve cooked so far!
For £29 a month this box was definitely worth the price as the products you get are of a very high quality and standard. This box in particular is great if you are a fan of cured meats and love to cook as they are so versatile and can be added to any dish.
Learn carnivore diet in this article.