A brown box arrived by mail containing our much expected Flaviar spirit tasting box. Inside we found a classy black box. Once we opened the black box, we had 5 tubes containing 5 different whisky brands in front of us.
– Greenore Irish Whisky 8 years old (approx. £40 for 70cl bottle)
– Amrut Indian Single Malt (approx. £45 for 70cl bottle)
– Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban (approx. £50 for 70cl bottle)
– Santis Swiss peated Whisky (approx. £35 for 70cl bottle)
– Nikka Yoichi Japanese Whisky 10 years old (approx. £70 for 70cl bottle)
It was truly an amazing experience to taste different premium whiskies from different parts of the world. We especilly enjoyed the Nikka Yoichi and the Glenmorangie. The Nikka Yoichi is peaty and smoky taste but yet enough fruity to create a wonderful fresh taste. The Glenmorangie on the other hand has orange notes and smell with a small taste of dark chocolate. Really amazing.
The box also came with some reading material. The tasting instructions were very useful. The instructions teach you how to appreciate a whisky by its color, smell, taste and finish.
Overall, the presentation, the quality of the spirits and the tasting experience made this box one of our favorites. We totally recommend it!
Flaviar is a monthly subscription service to discover new spirits in every pack. The monthly selections come in themes such as tequila, rum, cognac, gin, whiskey and many others. Cheers!
£27.99 per month to receive 1 tasting pack every month. Each tasting pack contains 5 different spirits.