We all know that the start of a New Year always brings new oportunties to switch up our routines. Be it skin care, hair care or even our make up, and that’s where Birchbox comes in handy! Without that overwhelming amount of choice that you get in most of your local drug stores, you have a variation of all types of products sent out to test in order to see how you get on with them, and of course if you like them you can repurchase them in the full size!
Whats inside this January Birchbox?
- Benefit They’re Real Tinted Primer – £18.50. As a girl who usually stays pretty loyal to one brand of mascara I didn’t think I would see much effect from using an eyelash primer. Especially one from Benefit who although I wouldn’t consider as a high end brand, are exceptionally more expensive than your drugstore brands. However I was pleasantly suprised! The primer lengthened my lashes and set the perfect base for my regular mascara application. I don’t think I’ll be purchasing the full size one just simply because of the price, but if that doesn’t bother you then I suggest you go for it!
- Eyeko Fat Liquid Liner – £12.oo. Yes, yes, and yes again! If you’re anything like me and totally useless at getting that perfect even eyeliner look then this bad boy is about to become your new best friend.. For the first time in 21 years of being alive, this eyeliner has actually made me receive compliments on how even it looks! I’ll be buying the full size of this for sure when my tester runs out.
- Caudalie Fleur De Vigne Shower Gel – £9.00. As far as shower gels go, I’ll usually just pick up whatever is on offer at my local supermarket. As long as it’s hydrating and somewhat moisturizing it will do me! This Caudalie shower gel felt somewhat more luxurious than others and it smells divine – but will I be picking it up again for £9? I’m undecided. I can promise it’s one of those products that will be a total winner if you have a friends birthday coming up or even a Mother’s Day gift.
- Parlor Moisturizing and Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner – £16.00 (each). If you’re anything like me and a bit of a shampoo/conditioner snob then you will adore these! Imagine that smell as you’re getting your hair washed in the salon and that is exactly what you get with these products. I loved the conditioner and it worked wonders for my heavily bleached hair, however I couldn’t get the full feel for the shampoo as I have to use a purple toned shampoo to ensure my hair maintains its colour – dramatic I know! I think once I’ve dyed my hair slightly darker this will be an all round winner and again my a fantastic gift for any of those women in your life that enjoy a good pamper.
- Absolution L`Eau Soir Et Matin £27.00. If I’ve ever used a luxury make up remover it’s this stuff. A little goes such a long way and as it’s packed with Hazelnut Oil and Aloe Vera it leaves your skin feeling super soft and plump. I can’t say I would use it as an everyday make up remover but if you’re looking for something a bit more special for a once a week pamper then I highly suggest you go pick this up.
Be sure to head over to the Birchbox website to start your subscription and be sure to tag them in any images you upload to Twitter or Instagram!
I hope you enjoyed this review of January’s Birchbox for 2016 and if you want more from me, make sure you pop over to my blog and say hi! www.styleaked.blogspot.co.uk.